In this edition of Cooking with Cannabis, Chef Sebastian Carosi – the short -order cannabis revolutionary – gives The Bluntness his recipe for Heirloom Tomato Toast.
Anytime is the best time to make heirloom tomato toast in my opinion. As a professional chef of over thirty years, I’ve learned that picking products at the peak of their ripeness really depends on where you live, but for heirloom tomatoes it almost always starts early in the summer and ends in the fall.
I like to sprinkle the thick sliced heirloom tomatoes with a generous amount of local sea salt flakes and a few fresh green coriander seeds from my garden. I then slather my favorite golden brown and delicious toasted artisan sourdough slices with the smoky bacon fat mayonnaise- in true heirloom tomato toast fashion that is.
The bacon fat mayo is super simple to make and downright stupid good to try on your favorite tomato and mayo sandwich during heirloom tomato season. Remember to slather the smoky bacon fat mayo on heavy, to cut the heirloom tomatoes thick, and don’t be shy with the sea salt flakes. I hope you enjoy this cannabinoid infused heirloom tomato toast recipe no matter where you live…
1. Toast the bread slices to your liking, butter each slice with a little cannabis butter.
2. Slice the heirloom tomatoes as thick as you’d like them.
3. Slather each piece of the toasted sourdough bread with as much smoky bacon fat mayo as you’d like. Then sprinkle a nice amount of hemp or cannabis greens on each toast.
4. Top the greens with three or four various sized tomato slices on each toast as well.
5. Season each toast with salt and pepper.
6. Garnish each toast with a sprinkle of fresh green coriander seeds and a little more sea salt.
7. Serve and enjoy with udder delight.
1. Put all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and mix well.
2. Add a ¼ cup of super crispy bacon bits to the mayo. mix well, place the mayo into an airtight container, and refrigerate.
3. Use liberally.
Need more cannabis-infused cooking inspiration? Here are 5 of our Favorite Cannabis Cookbooks to Satisfy Your Weed & Culinary Senses!