Join Harris Bricken attorney Griffen Thorne for a panel discussion at this year’s Cannabis Business Virtual Symposium hosted by the California Society of CPAs (CalCPA). Griffen will be joined by Juli Crockett, a cannabis compliance consultant, to discuss changes for cannabis and hemp businesses in the United States with an emphasis on California.
Event description from CalCPA
The panel will discuss recent proposed and adopted regulatory and legal changes for cannabis and hemp businesses in the United States, with a specific emphasis on California. Specifically, the panel will address California’s cannabis tax reform passed earlier in 2022, the implementation of AB-45 to create a regulatory program for the manufacture and sale of hemp derivatives, and changes to Department of Cannabis Control regulations that are expected to take effect in the next year.
By the end of this session, you should be able to:
- Know the key cannabis provisions of the Budget Act of 2022 and how they impact cannabis businesses;
- Be aware of recent Legislative and Regulatory developments;
- Understand the content of AB-45 and how it impacts the hemp and cannabis markets.
California Business Virtual Symposium — Event Details
- Date: Wednesday, November 9th, 2022
- Time: 12:30 p.m. to 1:20 p.m. PT
- Location: Virtual
To attend this panel session, registration is required for the Cannabis Business Virtual Symposium, which takes place from November 8th to 9th.
- $355 for CalCPA members
- $465 for standard nonmembers